Being a sustainable business leader, the journey to Net Zero and choosing entrepreneurship over a law career with the Founder and Director of Hayne House, Fleur Record-Smith
Fleur Record-Smith, Founder & Director of Hayne House Wedding Venue talks about her entrepreneurial journey and how she is using business as a force for good.
Hayne House in Kent was once the family home to Fleur before she turned it into a sustainable wedding venue.
Fleur has been an ambassador for The Sustainable Wedding Alliance since April of 2021 and also in 2021, received a Distinction in a Business Sustainability Management Course at the University of Cambridge. Fleur founded Hayne House in September of 2010 and has helped to bring many couple’s dream weddings to reality, all whilst keeping the sustainability of the planet at heart.
Listen in to hear us discuss:
- 02:35: Taking responsibility and thinking beyond your business to create greater positive impact
- 03:16: Fleur’s original plan when graduating from business school and how she learned all about working with other people before starting her current venture
- 6:25: How her family inspired her entrepreneurial ambition
- 45: Motivation and inspiration (including a podcast recommendation and the leader and movement Fleur looks up to)
- 09:14: Leading the way for others to take action towards Net Zero carbon emissions
- 30: Practical tips on where to start on the journey towards Net Zero
- 13:39: Building a more engaged and purpose-driven team and supplier network
- 16:22: Challenging yourself to get out of your comfort zone to grow your business and make a difference to the planet
You can find out more about Fleur’s work at https://haynehouse.co.uk/